Olympic silver medalist Ravi Kumar Dahiya won the 10th gold medal for India at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham on Saturday.
He thrashed Nigeria’s Ebikewenimo Welson in the 57 Kg weight category in wrestling with a 10-0.
Dahiya registered the win by technical superiority.
Dahiya’s medal added the 10th gold medal and 32nd medal in India’s medal tally.
Dahiya has won a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, a bronze medal at the 2019 World Championships, and three gold medals at the Asian Championships in the years 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Gold Medal Winners for India so far:
- Mirabai Chanu in Weightlifting (Women’s 46kg category)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga in Weightlifting (Men’s 67kg category)
- Achinta Sheuli in Weightlifting (Men’s 73kg category)
- Bajrang Punia in Wrestling (Men’s 65kg category)
- Deepak Punia in Wrestling (Men’s 86kg category)
- Sakshi Malik in Wrestling (Women’s 63kg category)
- Lawn Bowl women’s team
- Men’s Table Tennis team
- Sudhir in para Powerlifting
- Ravi Dahiya in Wrestling (Men’s 57kg category)