Instagram Feature: Meta’s photo and video sharing platform is one of the largest social media platforms today. Instagram offers many features such as the ability to share photos and videos, reel and the option to send personal messages to other Instagram users. What if you want to direct message someone at a strange time, but don’t want to bother them? Or, sometimes a message should be sent, but it is not so important to take attention. For such a situation, Instagram has a feature that allows users to send a Direct Message (DM) to someone without notification sound.
What is the difference between silent message and mute feature?
- Both have two different characteristics. The ‘Mute’ feature is for the receiver, while the silent one is for the sender.
- Simply put, group chats or personal chats are usually muted when they don’t want to be disturbed by a group chat or incoming messages.
- Other features allow the sender to mute the message which means the message will be delivered to the receiver but there will be no notification sound when it is received.
Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? If you want to try out this feature, here are the steps you need to follow.
How to Send ‘Muted’ DM on Instagram
- First of all open Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Now tap on the DM button coming in the top right corner.
- Now, select the contact to whom you want to send a mute message.
- Now type ‘@silent’ before typing the message. (eg ‘@silent’
- Now send the message.