Difference Between Monkeypox Vs Smallpox: The fear of monkeypox remains in the whole world. After Kovid-19, this disease has posed a new challenge in front of the world. The name of this challenge is monkeypox, which is why the disease has been declared a world health emergency by the World Health Organization (WHO) on 24 July. Because so far patients of this disease have been found in about 84 countries of the world and the number of confirmed cases is close to 26 thousand three hundred.
Monkeypox looks like smallpox. For this reason, there is confusion among most people about whether this disease is a form of smallpox. Let us tell you that in many parts of our country smallpox is also called small-mothering. However, the disease called smallpox was completely eradicated by the 1980s through vaccination.
What is the difference between monkeypox and smallpox?
- Monkeypox and smallpox are both spread by the orthopoxvirus virus and the symptoms of both are almost the same. For this reason there is a problem in identifying them.
- But smallpox is a more deadly disease than monkeypox. That is, there is not as much danger to life in monkeypox as there is in smallpox. But timely treatment of monkeypox is also necessary, otherwise things can get worse.
- Both diseases are infectious diseases and are rapidly transmitted from person to person. But smallpox is a more rapidly spreading disease than monkeypox.
- Monkeypox is a self limited disease. That is, a disease that after increasing to a limit then starts controlling itself. Therefore, after 2 to 4 weeks in this disease, a lot of improvement starts to be seen on its own. But if the prevention is not done in time, then the situation can also worsen.
How does monkeypox happen?
- The disease of monkeypox has come from animals to humans. Its virus can be transmitted from animals to humans in many ways. For example, if an animal infected with this disease bites a person, if the meat of an infected animal is consumed or due to touching and caressing an infected animal, this virus can come into the human body.
- Now monkeypox is also being transmitted from person to person. If a healthy person comes in contact with a person infected with monkeypox and has skin-to-skin contact, the virus can enter the body of a healthy person.
- This disease can also spread due to sexual contact with an infected person. Along with this, the disease can also be spread by the things used by the infected person like towels, bedding etc. Because its virus reaches healthy individuals through the infected fluid coming out of monkeypox.
- Regarding monkeypox, World Health Organization (WHO) Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a statement, ‘Monkeypox outbreak can be stopped. If those countries, societies, communities and individuals show awareness about this disease, in which patients of this disease have been found. They have to take all necessary steps to avoid spreading the infection of this disease to other persons.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet, please consult a doctor.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )