Shardiya Navratri 2022, Kanya Pujan Date: Worship of Goddess Durga will start from 26 September 2022. Every year on the Pratipada date of the month of Ashwin, on the Shardiya Navratri, Mother Jagdamba is enshrined in every house.
Kanya Puja has special significance in Navratri. It is said that without this the worship of Goddess is considered incomplete. According to Devi Bhagwat Purana, worshiping the girl gives full results of fasting and worship for 9 days of Navratri. Let us know what is the date of Kanya Puja on Navratri this year and its rules.
When is Kanya Puja? (When is Kanya Pujan 2022)
In Shardiya and Chaitra Navratri, 9 girls are worshiped as different forms of Maa Durga. Kanya Puja is done on Ashtami and Navami Tithi. The Ashtami of Navratri is also known as Maha Ashtami and Durgashtami.
Sharadiya Navratri Ashtami date – 3 October 2022 (Maha Ashtami) (Navratri Mahaashtami 2022)
Ashwin Shukla Ashtami date starts – 2nd October 2022, 06.47 pm
Ashwin Shukla Ashtami date ends – 3 October 2022, 04.37 pm
Sharadiya Navratri Navami date – 4 October 2022 (Mahanavami) (Navratri MahaNavmi 2022)
Ashwin Shukla Navami date starts – 3 October 2022, 04.37 pm
Ashwin Shukla Navami date ends – 4 October 2022, 02.20 pm
Kanya Puja Niyam Rules
- For Kanya Puja, girls up to the age of 2-10 years are given an invitation to come home a day before for worship.
- The number of Kanya Puja should be at least 9. Invite a child together for a meal. The child is considered a symbol of Batuk Bhairav. Worship of Bhairav is considered very important in the worship of Goddess.
- After worshiping Kanjak, make them eat Kheer Poori, Halwa and all the bhog made for Prasad and then give Dakshina as much as possible.
- Food should not be taken until all the girls have eaten.
Kanya Pujan Vidhi
- Clean the house on the day of Kanya Puja. Goddess Durga resides where there is purity.
- The girl who came home on Ashtami or Navami, should herself smoke her feet with water or milk in a plate and respectfully make her sit on a clean seat.
- While applying the tilak of kumkum to the girl, recite this mantra – or Devi Sarvabhuteshu Kanya Rupen Sanstha. Namastasya Namastasya Namastasya Namo Namah॥ Om Shree du Durgayi Namah.
- Along with the worship of the girl, there is a law for the worship of the child, it is also called langur.
- Invoking mother’s power, offer kheer, puri, pudding, gram etc. to the mother queen and then feed kanjak.
- After the meal, give some gift to everyone as a gift and take blessings by touching the feet. After that take your own food.
Kanya Pujan Benefit
Mata Rani is very happy by doing girl worship in Navratri and all the wishes of the person are fulfilled. Small girls are considered to be the form of Mother Durga, their worship is similar to the worship of Goddess Durga. These girls have been called Kumari, Trimurti, Kalyani, Kalika, Chandika, Shambhavi, Durga, Subhadra, Rohini. With their blessings, the person gains wealth, the boon of victory over the enemy, opulence, increases in life.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.