UP Election 2022: Amidst the Coronavirus, the second phase of voting is being held in 55 seats in 9 districts of Uttar Pradesh today. The reputation of 586 candidates is at stake in this phase. Although cases of corona are being recorded less now but the danger is not averted yet. In such a situation, guidelines had already been issued by the Election Commission as a precautionary measure, keeping in mind the health of the voters. It is mandatory to follow these guidelines at all polling stations. Let us know what guidelines were issued related to the corona epidemic.
The Election Commission has issued these guidelines
In order for the elections to be conducted safely, corona guidelines have been issued at the polling stations, which are mandatory for all the employees and voters posted at the centers. according to these guidelines
- It is mandatory for voters to go to the polling stations wearing masks.
- Voters can press the EVM button only by wearing gloves, which will be provided at the polling station itself.
- Thermal screening will be done at the entrance of the polling station.
- Arrangements have been made to sanitize the hands at the booth.
- Voters are required to follow social distancing
- It is mandatory to maintain a distance of 2 yards between the voters at the booth.
- The circle will be fixed for 15 to 20 voters.
- On the other hand, if a voter’s body temperature is found to be higher than normal, then he will be given a token. These voters can come in the last hour and cast their vote.
A total of 2.02 crore voters will vote today
Let us tell you that in the second phase, a total of 2.02 crore voters will exercise their franchise. Of the total 2.02 crore eligible voters, 1.08 crore are males, 0.94 crore are females and 1,269 are third gender. In the second phase, 23,404 polling stations and 12,544 polling stations have been set up.